Looking for waterproofing services?
Submit an enquiry below and one of our team will get back to you with an answer soon.
High Voltage Electronic Leak Detection (HVELD) is a method of detecting breaches in waterproofing membranes and coatings. HVELD testing is performed using a high voltage current on a dry horizontal or vertical surface. A current is generated that will pass through a non-conductive material, such as a waterproof membrane, and should a breach be present, it forms a circuit sounding an alarm on the testing unit and pinpointing the exact location of the breach.
Advantages of HVELD testing:
- detecting holes in membranes and coatings that are not visible to the eye
- good for very small areas and difficult to reach areas or areas where flood testing is not possible
- locates defects precisely and enables immediate repair
- able to re-test repairs immediately, depending on the type of membrane
- less expensive and less time consuming than conventional flood testing
- eliminates the hazard of overloading structural decks during flood testing.
We can locate leaks on the following horizontal and vertical surfaces:
- Torch-On Membrane systems
- Liquid Applied Systems, such as acrylics and polyurethanes
- Bituminous coatings
- PVC membranes
- TPO membranes